Salvation & Baptism
We all have a need to know God! The Bible tells us that everyone comes into this world separated and disconnected from God. Only through salvation in Jesus Christ can we reconnect and reunite with our Creator. Just like the day you were born physically, there should be a day when you were "born again" spiritually.
We all have a need to identify with God! During the early days of the Church, a person would identify themselves as a Christ follower through the act of public baptism. Even today, being immersed in water is an outward sign of an inward change. If you have never been baptized by immersion, we encourage you to take that step.
How to become a Christ follower
“Then he brought them out and asked, ’Sirs, what must I do to be saved?’ ”
“They replied, ‘Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved…’ ” (Acts 16:30-32)
Becoming a Christ follower is simple. There is no greater step in a person’s life than the step of faith to become a Christ Follower.
Read through these points and their scriptures then follow the instructions at the end.
- Understand that all mankind has a problem. We are all born sinners. Our sin separates us from a Holy God forever, and our sin has a price which must be paid. Because of our sin, we cannot pay the price ourselves. “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23) “It’s your sins that have cut you off from God.” (Isaiah 59:2)
- Know that God loves you just as you are. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)
- Accept that God has already provided a way for you through the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6)
- Believe by faith that Jesus paid the price of your sin on the cross. “God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.” (2 Corinthians 5:21) “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this is not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- Confess your sins and repent (which means turn away) from your sins and follow Christ. “Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.” (Acts 3:19) “That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” (Romans 10:9)
If you are ready to become a follower of Jesus and feel you understand what these points are saying, then simply pray to God and ask Him to save you and commit your life to being His disciple and following Him.
Suggested prayer: “God, I know I am a sinner and in need of your forgiveness. I don’t want to spend eternity in hell away from you. Thank you for loving me by sending your Son, Jesus, to die on the cross for me. Please forgive me for my sins. I place my faith in Jesus and believe in Him. I want to follow you and be your disciple.”
Congratulations on your NEW LIFE in Christ!
Welcome to the family!
Tell someone of your new life in Christ. Call our office, 770-254-0291, email us, or tell your family or a close friend.
Find a community of believers, like Crossroads Church, to be involved with and learn how to grow spiritually.
Read the resource pamphlet:
“33 Things that Happen at the Moment of Salvation” (available from our office)
Begin reading your Bible in the Gospel of John in the New Testament.
(If you don’t have a bible, contact our office and we will give you one.)
Crossroads offers a baptism class to answer questions about salvation and why baptism by immersion is important. This class is offered in a classroom setting or online.
Simply watch the video below to begin our online class.
If you have watched the video and would like to speak to someone about baptism, please click the button below.