To show that knowing what God says about us matters.
These are meant to spark conversation within your group. Use one, use none, or use them all. Most importantly feel out where your group is at and get them talking.You can find some ice breaker games / discussions in the leader hub as well!
- How was everyone’s week?
- What is your all time favorite movie and why?
- Favorite romantic comedy? (Guys we know you watch them too)
READ 1 PETER 2:9-10
Encourage your Crew to open their Bibles (or app) and ask one of them to read the passage.
- What do you think it means to “show others the goodness of God” (showing and telling others about who God is and what He has done)
- The writer wants to make sure that we know who we are when we know God. That we are now apart of His family. Why do you think that’s important to know? (Knowing who you are helps you do what you are called to do. When I don’t know I’m strong strong in Jesus, I’ll make decisions as if I’m weak.
MAKE IT PERSONAL
Wednesday we talked about how knowing who you are in Jesus matters to how you live out your life. Especially your dating life and relationships. We learned that we are loved, accepted, and free. When we don’t know who we are, we can make bad decisions on who to date, we give our hearts away too quick, and we end up in places we didn’t want to be relationally.
- Does anyone every find it hard to really believe that God loves everyone? Have you ever found it hard to believe that God loves you?
- In dating the word love is thrown around so quickly. God loves you so much that he sent his son to die for you. Why do you think that’s important to know? (We tend to change our actions based on who we want to love and accept us. When we know we are fully loved by God, then we don’t need to change to get the attention of others, instead we are confident who who God made us to be)
- God had also accepted you. The messed up, no matter what you’ve done, hasn’t taken a shower in three days, you. Why is that important? Do you find that hard to believe? Why?
ACT ON IT
- If you know Jesus, then 1 Peter 2:9-10 is about you. What can you do this week to remind you of that? (Wrote it down on a card, on your mirror etc.)
- Does your life look like you know what God says about you? If not what can you do to change that? Ask your CREWeader if you need help!
- Over the next few weeks we are going to dive very practically into dating and what God honoring relationships look like. Don’t miss the next few weeks and be open to what God wants to say about your relationships.